20 September, 2013

A Trip into Oxford and Haul!

So by using my one day of the week off ‘constructively’, I took a trip into Oxford to initially check out the Francis Bacon and Henry Moore exhibition at the Ashmolean Museum; though had I known I’d end up making slight guilty purchases, I might not have described it in that way! ;) 

Stumbled across the Antique & Craft Market and had a bit of a nosy!
Trekked down to Jericho and came back with a lighter purse…:/ haha! And so this is what I bought:

Vertical striped top, Mind (Chopsticks), £ 4
(The colour is actually of a burgundy/plum shade of red- Apologies for the poor deceiving lighting)
I feel this is such a elongating and so flattering day-to-evening piece due to its crimpled elasticised texture and vertical stripes! I love how the stripes can add a touch of sport luxe into an outfit whilst still appearing visually smart and sophisticated as a whole. The colour simply makes it the perfect transitional piece into autumn/winter in addition to it being a great piece to layer with! :D



Multicoloured space-dye top, Mind (Sahara), £8


A Tainted Love mirrored effect slogan top, Mind (unknown), £3.50



 Shaggy knitted monochrome cardigan, Primark, £16
Quirk and dominatrix intertwined into one! I love the lowly positioned buttons plus this cardigan has some serious power shoulders and a somewhat towelling texture to it too…oh so warm! :D
Clockwise:
Nivea rich moisturising day cream, Tesco, £1.99
Design as Art Book, Oxfam, £0.50p
Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Cleanser, Boots, £5.33
The Raw Shark Texts Book, Mind, £2.50


And lastly we come to my last resort…Uncle Sam!  I had so wanted to check this shop out for so long though unfortunately he had, well,  gone fishing :’( haha! ;)



What have you guys been up to on your days off? I’d love to hear! :D
ALSO BE SURE TO ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY! :)

http://junkjournal100.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/100-followers-giveaway.html
J
X